In this video Engr. Ruben Quintal Jr. will discuss the different types of cements and their usage. The correct cement to be use when doing construction.
Type of Cement:
- Type 1 – Normal portland cement. Type 1 is a general use cement.
- Type 2 – Is used for structures in water or soil containing moderate amounts of sulfate, or when heat build-up is a concern.
- Type 3 – High early strength. Used when high strength are desired at very early periods.
- Type 4 – Low heat portland cement. Used where the amount and rate of heat generation must be kept to a minimum.
- Type 5 – Sulfate resistant portland cement. Used where the water or soil is high in alkali.